Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

overriding vanilla armor recipes

halp

I tried following the advice in this thread, and it does work for the wooden pickaxe example they give, but I can't disable a lot of the armor recipes this way. As an example, here is my json for the iron chestplate (it's in data/mymodid):

{
  "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
  "pattern": [
    "X X",
    "XXX",
    "XXX"
  ],
  "key": {
    "X": {
      "tag": "forge:ingots/iron"
    }
  },
  "result": {
    "item": "minecraft:air"
  }
}

Some of the armor pieces work just fine, but this one doesn't work.
I've also tried

{
  "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
  "pattern": [
    "X X",
    "XXX",
    "XXX"
  ],
  "key": {
    "X": {
      "item": "minecraft:iron_ingot"
    }
  },
  "result": {
    "item": "minecraft:air"
  }
}

I've also tried both of them at once. I also tried

/datapack disable "mod:forge"

that also had no effect.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Why did you remove the .gitignore file that comes with the MDK? Your repository is huge now because you included the build and run folder for no reason.

You are putting the JSON files in your data directory, meaning they do not override the vanilla ones... I am not really sure what else you expected.

I figured it out, never mind. I moved the files ending it _forge into data/forge/recipes and the ones ending in _vanilla into minecraft/data/recipes, that did the trick. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I've been trying to sort this out for a few days but unfortunately I've had no success. I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to add xp drops to an ore for 1.17.1. Anyone help would be appreciated, thanks!
    • JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_281 - 25.281-b09 java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true Found java version 1.8.0_281 Extracting main jar:   Extracted successfully Considering minecraft server jar java.net.UnknownHostException: launchermeta.mojang.com     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)     at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)     at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)     at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.DownloadUtils.getConnection(DownloadUtils.java:203)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.DownloadUtils.downloadManifest(DownloadUtils.java:267)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.json.Util.getVanillaVersion(Util.java:62)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.actions.ServerInstall.run(ServerInstall.java:70)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.run(InstallerPanel.java:428)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:170)     at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:143) Failed to download version manifest, can not find server jar URL.  
    • how do I go about making a block need a tool with a harvest level of 5. I have made a tool with a harvest level of 5, but I can't find anything about making my block need a harvest level of 5
    • I can run forge server jar and server runs, but i want to allocate certan ram to it and use BAT   What seems to be the problem, what should I do? Thanks   I always used bat the past days, but when i stopped server and re ran it and it Keeps saying PAUSE, This is the .bat file text,   [16:57:51] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.8, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui] [16:57:51] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 1.8.0_301 by Oracle Corporation [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.lo.FixSSL/CORE]: Added Lets Encrypt root certificates as additional trust [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [mixin/]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.8.4 Source=file:/C:/Users/Jon/Desktop/Server/libraries/org/spongepowered/mixin/0.8.4/mixin-0.8.4.jar Service=ModLauncher Env=SERVER Exception in thread "main" [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load FML config from C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\Server\config\fml.toml [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLConfig.loadFrom(FMLConfig.java:64) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLConfig.load(FMLConfig.java:77) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLServiceProvider.initialize(FMLServiceProvider.java:81) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServiceDecorator.onInitialize(TransformationServiceDecorator.java:68) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.lambda$initialiseTransformationServices$7(TransformationServicesHandler.java:107) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at java.util.HashMap$Values.forEach(Unknown Source) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.initialiseTransformationServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:107) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.initializeTransformationServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:59) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:76) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: Caused by: com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ParsingException: Not enough data available [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ParsingException.notEnoughData(ParsingException.java:22) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ReaderInput.directReadChar(ReaderInput.java:36) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.AbstractInput.readChar(AbstractInput.java:49) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.AbstractInput.readCharsUntil(AbstractInput.java:123) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.toml.TableParser.parseKey(TableParser.java:166) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.toml.TableParser.parseDottedKey(TableParser.java:145) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.toml.TableParser.parseNormal(TableParser.java:55) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.toml.TomlParser.parse(TomlParser.java:44) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.toml.TomlParser.parse(TomlParser.java:37) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ConfigParser.parse(ConfigParser.java:113) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ConfigParser.parse(ConfigParser.java:219) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.ConfigParser.parse(ConfigParser.java:202) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.file.WriteSyncFileConfig.load(WriteSyncFileConfig.java:73) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.file.AutoreloadFileConfig.load(AutoreloadFileConfig.java:41) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.file.AutosaveCommentedFileConfig.load(AutosaveCommentedFileConfig.java:85) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLConfig.loadFrom(FMLConfig.java:60) [16:57:52] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]:         ... 12 more C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\Server>PAUSE Press any key to continue . . .  
    • Thank you! Both of you were very helpful.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.