1.6 Entity Textures

BlueSpud

Lets see if I can help... :)

You need to tell Minecraft where your texture is located, so you put something like this in your Render class,

private static final ResourceLocation textureLocation = new ResourceLocation("betterdefense:textures/entity/Easter_Eggs/Tenyar97.png");

@Override
protected ResourceLocation func_110775_a(Entity entity) {
	return textureLocation;
}
}

As you can see, my texture is stored in "assets\betterdefense\textures\entity\Easter_Eggs", with a file name of "Tenyar97"

That should work, however, do NOT just copy/paste this code. You will learn nothing. Look at it, learn it, love it. :)

Lets see if I can help... :)

You need to tell Minecraft where your texture is located, so you put something like this in your Render class,

private static final ResourceLocation textureLocation = new ResourceLocation("betterdefense:textures/entity/Easter_Eggs/Tenyar97.png");

@Override
protected ResourceLocation func_110775_a(Entity entity) {
	return textureLocation;
}
}

As you can see, my texture is stored in "assets\betterdefense\textures\entity\Easter_Eggs", with a file name of "Tenyar97"

That should work, however, do NOT just copy/paste this code. You will learn nothing. Look at it, learn it, love it. :)

That worked fine, thanks.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry to bump, and this is a bit of a stupid question, but (for 1.6) where should the texture file go? There seem to be 3 "assets" folders within the decompiled MCP folder, but none of them seem to work. I've tried placing my folder with the texture in (pi4t/textures/RaftPart.png) in all of them in turn, and none have produced the desired results. My code looked like it'd produce the same result as the one here (with the ResourceLocation string being "pi4t:textures/RaftPart.png", obviously), but I just get the "map" of different block sides which I've come to believe means a texture is missing (screenshot). I tried copy-pasting in the code here and commenting out mine to see if there was a difference which was stopping it working, but it still did the same thing. My model (somewhat obviously, given the name) doesn't inherit from the RenderBiped class, but I don't think that should have an effect on this bit of code?

My question is: into which folder should I put my texture, or if it's in the right folder, why would it not be detecting? Do I need to recompile and reobfuscate it, and then insert my image into the .jar along with the classes?