Going from Eclipse to the Forge Mods folder

Armeleon

I have spent the last 6 hours looking for any help, and have found nothing.  I have a mod that works in Eclipse.  It is a project that is dependent on a separate Minecraft project I have created.  I want to take this project and turn it into a .zip folder that can be put into the Forge mods folder and played. 

As a last ditch effort, I have literally copied the entire project directory, added the texture folder, zipped it up and dropped it in there.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  Surprisingly, forge actually recognized the mod, but it couldn't find my main class (it said 'Class not found: main.Gems.class' (where Gems is my main mod class)), despite my main mod class being in the mentioned directory.  I know I am doing something wrong, and want an easy, step by step way to turn this Eclipse project into a Forge readable .zip folder.  Can anyone help?

you need to obfuscate the code before you can let minecraft play it outside eclipse.

if you check the later part of pahimar's setup video (video 4) he is talking about ant builds and how to make it do all that it needs to do for ya to export the mod :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...