My .bat file keeps failing but my jar file works at launch with 240mb ram

Vontetley

I've been trying to launch my 1.12.2 forge server using a .bat file however this is the error message I keep getting at launch.

"D:\Servers\M.C Servers\Wild Dogs Server\Version 1>java -Xmx8129M -Xms8129M -jar forgeserver.jar nogui

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

... 6 more

D:\Servers\M.C Servers\Wild Dogs Server\Version 1>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . ."

I can launch by double clicking the forgeserver jar file however that only allows for me to have 240mb of ram and have had 0 luck trying to find a way to change its ram amount. Ive had 0 issues with vanilla servers and so wondering what could be the issue. I'm looking realistically for a solution to this problem or a way of setting the amount of ram for the for server without requiring a .bat file. Any ideas or suggested much appreciated