[1.18] How to make blocks glow like a spider's eyes

Zemelua

I have implemented a custom liquid and it is working.

Now, I want to make it glow like a spider's eye (I know it's not really shining, it's rendered ignoring shadows). I want to make the whole block shine, not just a part like the eyes of a spider.

Here is my code. Apply ManaModel to my liquid block with ClientHanlder.onModelBake. ManaModel is an IBakedModel and I believe it can be rendered by overriding getQuads and setting the quads to the maximum light.

But it doesn't work. Is it because ManaModel.putLightVertex is not passing the correct value? Or is it not possible to apply the light in the first place? Model is complicated, please help someone.

I was expecting to get a FluidModel with ModelBakeEvent, but apparently this isn't being used. It is the LiquidBlockRenderer class that actually renders the liquid. By rewriting the getLightColor method of this class, my goal was achieved. However, since I'm using a mixin, if anyone has an idea that can do the same within the forge, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me for other modders who saw this as well.