1.16.5 Forge Modded Server

jmoneyx

So I have been trying to start a forged modded server on my local computer to run Vault Hunters (1.16.5). I have a single player world that I am planning on converting over, but I can't even get a new world to run properly. Which is the first step before copying over the save data files. 

Currently the server with all the mods seems to be running fine, but when I connect to it with my client running the same mods it shows me connect and disconnect within the same second. "Connection Lost: Incomplete set of tags received from server. Please contact server operator."  Biggest problem is the server operator is me. Than if I remove all the mods from my .minecraft/mods folder, I connect to it the server without an issue run around and interact with boxes like normal minecraft.

I started my server folder by copying the developers download server pack from CurseForge. Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/vault-hunters-official-modpack

I changed the server properties file (Turn whitelist off, added my local server ip and my seed) and added a run.bat file (java -Xmx10240M -Xms10240M -jar minecraft_server.1.16.5.jar nogui) to fit my own server needs.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong to not have this server work with my client connecting to it with mods? (I don't have any error logs since all it says is "joined game / lost connection / left game" within the same second.)