Server issue

jordsta95

Hey there, I am running a server with a few mods on it.

And every now and again, it will crash with the error "Out of PermGen Space", and this server is running with the max PermGen my server host can offer...

So, what I am looking for, if it exists, is a plugin which can solve this... I dunno how it would work, whether it would clear a cache, or something (I know nothing of PermGen). But something that could maybe stop, or make the crashes less frequent.

If there is a plugin that can do that, could you please link me it, because when searching through bukkit forums for PermGen I can only find people reporting crashes due to it.

Or if they're aren't any plugins, but there are fixes, that would also be great :)

Thanks a lot

-Jordan

P.s. I have already tried asking on the Bukkit forums about this issue, and they locked my threads because "they don't support mods"

Why bother?

PergGen is 512mb

Mod list:

IndustrialCraft 2

Equivalent Exchange 3

Project Bench

Advanced Solar Panels

Applied Energistics

Backpack

Bibliocraft

Buildcraft

ChickenChunks

Computercraft

Enderstorage

Everything and More

Extra Bees

Factorization

Forestry

GraviSuite

Greg Tech

immibis Core

IronChest

Magic Bees

Mine Factory Reloaded

MiscPeripherals

Mystcraft

neiaddons

neiplugins

obsidiplates

OmniTools

Plugins for Forestry

Soul Shards

RedLogic

Steves Carts 2

Tinkers Construct

Thaumcraft

Thermal Expansion

Twilight Forest

Core Mods:

CodChickenCore

CoFHCore

denLib

immibis microblocks

infinibows

InventoryTweaks

NotEnoughItems

Nucleum Omnium

PowerCrystals Core

Why bother?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • the modpack start but when i close crash DEBUG LOG : https://paste.ee/p/3WjHl#section0
    • Looks like an issue with betterpingdisplay - make a test without it
    • I made a basic homing arrow, which I am going to refine further, but as of now I have the problem of the Arrow not rendering properly. It works fine on the server side, but on the client it always appears as if the arrow was flying normally, until it synchs and teleports around.   [https://gemoo.com/tools/upload-video/share/661346070437036032?codeId=MpmzxaW0pBpE1&card=661346066800603136&origin=videolinkgenerator] the white particles are created by the entity every tick on the server side and represent its actual flying path.   My best guess is that this behaviour is caused, because minecraft appears to try to predict the projectiles path on the client side instead of constantly synching (perhaps something to do with it implementing the TracableEntity interface??). I am thinking I need help with either 1. Getting the client to use my custom Tick function in its path prediction, or 2. (the less elegant solution) getting the game to synch up the direction, position and movement etc. every tick.     Note that my custom arrow class extends AbstractArrow. everything important it does: private static final EntityDataAccessor<Integer> TARGET_ENTITY = SynchedEntityData.defineId(ReachArrow.class, EntityDataSerializers.INT); @Override public void addAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag pCompound) { super.addAdditionalSaveData(pCompound); pCompound.putInt("TargetEntity", this.getTargetEntity()); } @Override public void readAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag pCompound) { super.readAdditionalSaveData(pCompound); this.setTargetEntity(pCompound.getInt("TargetEntity")); } @Override protected void defineSynchedData() { super.defineSynchedData(); this.entityData.define(TARGET_ENTITY, -1); } @Override public void shootFromRotation(Entity pShooter, float pX, float pY, float pZ, float pVelocity, float pInaccuracy) { LivingEntity target = ReachArrow.findNearestTarget(this.level(),(LivingEntity) pShooter,50d); if(pShooter instanceof LivingEntity && target !=null){ //pShooter.sendSystemMessage(Component.literal("setting id "+target.getId()+" as target")); setTargetEntity(target.getId()); //pShooter.sendSystemMessage(Component.literal("target set")); } super.shootFromRotation(pShooter, pX, pY, pZ, pVelocity, pInaccuracy); } public static LivingEntity findNearestTarget(Level world, LivingEntity shooter, double range) { AABB searchBox = shooter.getBoundingBox().inflate(range); List<LivingEntity> potentialTargets = world.getEntitiesOfClass(LivingEntity.class, searchBox, EntitySelector.NO_SPECTATORS); LivingEntity nearestTarget = null; double closestDistance = Double.MAX_VALUE; for (LivingEntity potentialTarget : potentialTargets) { if (potentialTarget != shooter && potentialTarget.isAlive()) { double distance = shooter.distanceToSqr(potentialTarget); if (distance < closestDistance) { closestDistance = distance; nearestTarget = potentialTarget; } } } return nearestTarget; } I tried fixing the problem by storing the Target using SynchedEntityData, which not only didn't fix the problem, but also added unwanted, blue particles to the arrow (like on tipped arrow) Thank you in advance for any help or hints, I am quite new at this so you could probably help me a lot. :)
    • When trying to load Craft to Exile 2, game crashes and this error message pops up:   https://api.mclo.gs/1/raw/B2oYte0
    • FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':processResources'. > Could not copy file 'C:\Users\jedil\Downloads\forge-1.20-46.0.14-mdk\src\main\resources\META-INF\mods.toml' to 'C:\Users\jedil\Downloads\forge-1.20-46.0.14-mdk\build\resources\main\META-INF\mods.toml'.    > Failed to parse template script (your template may contain an error or be trying to use expressions not currently supported): startup failed:      SimpleTemplateScript1.groovy: 1: Unexpected input: '(' @ line 1, column 10.         out.print("""# This is an example mods.toml file. It contains the data relating to the loading mods.                  ^   This is my mods.toml script: # This is an example mods.toml file. It contains the data relating to the loading mods. # There are several mandatory fields (#mandatory), and many more that are optional (#optional). # The overall format is standard TOML format, v0.5.0. # Note that there are a couple of TOML lists in this file. # Find more information on toml format here: https://github.com/toml-lang/toml # The name of the mod loader type to load - for regular FML @Mod mods it should be javafml modLoader="javafml" #mandatory # A version range to match for said mod loader - for regular FML @Mod it will be the forge version loaderVersion="${46.0.14}" #mandatory This is typically bumped every Minecraft version by Forge. See our download page for lists of versions. # The license for you mod. This is mandatory metadata and allows for easier comprehension of your redistributive properties. # Review your options at https://choosealicense.com/. All rights reserved is the default copyright stance, and is thus the default here. license="${All Rights Reserved}" # A URL to refer people to when problems occur with this mod #issueTrackerURL="https://change.me.to.your.issue.tracker.example.invalid/" #optional # A list of mods - how many allowed here is determined by the individual mod loader [[mods]] #mandatory # The modid of the mod modId="${MCRefined}" #mandatory # The version number of the mod version="${1.0.0}" #mandatory # A display name for the mod displayName="${Minecraft Refined}" #mandatory # A URL to query for updates for this mod. See the JSON update specification https://docs.minecraftforge.net/en/latest/misc/updatechecker/ #updateJSONURL="https://change.me.example.invalid/updates.json" #optional # A URL for the "homepage" for this mod, displayed in the mod UI #displayURL="https://change.me.to.your.mods.homepage.example.invalid/" #optional # A file name (in the root of the mod JAR) containing a logo for display #logoFile="examplemod.png" #optional # A text field displayed in the mod UI #credits="" #optional # A text field displayed in the mod UI authors="${me}" #optional # Display Test controls the display for your mod in the server connection screen # MATCH_VERSION means that your mod will cause a red X if the versions on client and server differ. This is the default behaviour and should be what you choose if you have server and client elements to your mod. # IGNORE_SERVER_VERSION means that your mod will not cause a red X if it's present on the server but not on the client. This is what you should use if you're a server only mod. # IGNORE_ALL_VERSION means that your mod will not cause a red X if it's present on the client or the server. This is a special case and should only be used if your mod has no server component. # NONE means that no display test is set on your mod. You need to do this yourself, see IExtensionPoint.DisplayTest for more information. You can define any scheme you wish with this value. # IMPORTANT NOTE: this is NOT an instruction as to which environments (CLIENT or DEDICATED SERVER) your mod loads on. Your mod should load (and maybe do nothing!) whereever it finds itself. #displayTest="MATCH_VERSION" # MATCH_VERSION is the default if nothing is specified (#optional) # The description text for the mod (multi line!) (#mandatory) description='''${Minecraft, but it's, like, better.}''' # A dependency - use the . to indicate dependency for a specific modid. Dependencies are optional. I tried using --scan or --stacktrace, those were no help. I also tried Ctrl+Alt+S, the template I used did not appear. HELP
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.