EntityLiving in events

luisc99

Hey!

I am creating an event In my mod that causes skeletons and zombies to have a random chance to spawn riding their respected horse. I have got the horses NBT tags working and them spawning in the world at a random chance, but they spawn at any mob it seems. I am using currently LivingSpawnEvent and use

event.entityLiving instance of EntityZombie / EntitySkeleton

to check the mob and then spawn the horse in the same way as a spider spawns a skeleton, but the event still seems to register any mob. Any ideas on how I could stop this?

Luis :)

I think he means that it allows any mob to be on the horse, but he only wants the skeletons and zombies to do it.

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I think he means that it allows any mob to be on the horse, but he only wants the skeletons and zombies to do it.

Exactly

Sorry for not doing this before, but here is the class file I am using for this: http://paste.minecraftforge.net/view/2578988a The RandomNumber class is just a basic random number generator between the two ints passed to it. Nothing special. I've used it before and it works well...

When I tried to specify the type of entity at lines 32 and 54, I added a cast to the methods and when run errors were produced saying that the bats and villagers in my world could not be cast to the zombie, even when it is included in the if() statement...

Again, apologies for not providing the code yesterday :(

Luis