[Resolved] Forge Failed to Install [MC 1.2.5] [MCP 70a] [Forge 3.4.9.171]

Axalto

I installed forge and got the same error as in this thread so I rolled back my minecraft version to 1.2.5 using MCNostalgia but still get the same error.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I really want to get into modding and I've been trying to get stuff working for hours.

My tutorial series on the wiki has been discontinued until I get the hang of forge for 3.1.x and just everything from forge in general.

MCP7 is for MC1.3.1, so why are you trying to install Forge into an MC1.3.1 source setup?

Because in the other thread calclavia said "No Forge is not for 1.3.1 yet. Wait a few days."

Still, with 1.3.1 I got the same issue.

I also only just realized I didn't roll back the server file to 1.2.5.

Edit: whoops read a bit wrong, so If I understand it right I got to use an older version of MCP?

Edit2: That seems to be working, I'll add a [resolved] tag once it finished installing without a problem. I did not find an old version of minecraft_server.jar however.

Edit3: I did get a warning about the server but it does actually seem to have de- and recompiled without a problem so I'm adding [resolved]

My tutorial series on the wiki has been discontinued until I get the hang of forge for 3.1.x and just everything from forge in general.