Bug with potato villiger

Peppo_

8 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Please provide a video demonstrating the issue between vanilla and Forge. If it's because of a mod, contact the mod author.

Hello ChampionAsh5357

sorry, but i can't make a video. but I'm sure it must be Forge. i play 1.19.2 with forge 43.2.1 (43.2.0 i had the same problem). During my tests, I removed all mods and only played with Forge, so I could rule out that it wasn't due to other mods. when i play vanilla or only with optifine everything works.

Edited by Peppo_

47 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Would you mind providing a step-by-step replication case then? It's quite difficult to understand the issue without seeing it. I think I understand the core of it, but it would be helpful if I had something to see your exact issue.

sorry I can't describe it better. would it help if i send you the youtube link to the farm i built.

2 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Not really since looking at the source, there is no change made to the classes in relation to villagers trading with each other, hence my confusion. I can attempt to replicate the result, but I don't believe it'll reveal anything fruitful.

I tested a little further. First I tried the new version 1.19.3 and the latest forge version, the problem is still there. then i thought i would build it in my test world, i only built the potato side at first, and the farmer dropped it to the other villiger. then i built the other side with carrots, and now the carrot farmer doesn't drop anymore. it seems that with forge the collection villiger only gets dropped by one villiger

11 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

This just sounds like the inventory of the mobs are full and not any issue with the actual game itself.

may I ask you to build the farm yourself quickly? The farm is really easy and quick to build (5-10 minutes). then you will quickly notice the error yourself. because I'm pretty sure it's not the full inventory, I even exchanged the villiger in the middle again and nothing has changed.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

No, both of them drop items as far as I could tell when testing.

Hello ChampionAsh5357

Sorry to bother you again, but I found the error. The cardinal point is the problem I just found out, at least for me. the farmer villiger can't throw anything to another villeger if he looks north or west, if he looks south and east it goes. maybe that's some helpful info.

9 hours ago, Peppo_ said:

the farmer villiger can't throw anything to another villeger if he looks north or west

Hmm, well those are both considered negative directions in the source code; however, I don't know why that would have a bearing since they are both squared when checking the distance. My guess is that it would have to do with how the targeting and stopping system works since if the block position is used, positions that are north and west would be slightly farther away than those south or east since the positions are in the corners.

Though, since this doesn't happen in vanilla, I'm still relatively confused on whether that could be the correct answer.