[1.19] Questions about ContainerMenus and Slot methods

Infinituum

I have a few questions about Menus and Slots:

• What is `slot.onQuickCraft` used for?
  • What is `slot.onTake` used for?
  • When do I have to use `slot.onTake` instead of `slot.setChanged`?

I've already looked at the documentation but I was wondering if someone could give me a further explanation on this three methods.

I'm assuming there is some kind of logic on what to do when a certain action is triggered (correct me if I'm wrong, like for example taking items from result slot and dropping exp) how is that implemented?

Edited by Infinituum

• Infinituum changed the title to [1.19] Questions about ContainerMenus and Slot methods
  • `Slot#onQuickCraft` is used whenever the result slot is shift clicked such that the result gets put into the inventory immediately. This method is implemented by the modder themselves in AbstractContainerMenu#quickMoveStack.
  • `Slot#onTake` is used whenever the result slot is emptied. For those that are quick crafted, the method is implemented at the end of AbstractContainerMenu#quickMoveStack by the modder.
  • `Slot#setChanged` is called whenever the slot's value has changed, so it will be used whenever that happens.
  • See above and the forge docs for taking items from the result slot. Most of it is already implemented by default. Dropping experience is typically done in the `onTake` or `onQuickCraft` methods.

1 hour ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:
  • `Slot#onQuickCraft` is used whenever the result slot is shift clicked such that the result gets put into the inventory immediately. This method is implemented by the modder themselves in AbstractContainerMenu#quickMoveStack.
  • `Slot#onTake` is used whenever the result slot is emptied. For those that are quick crafted, the method is implemented at the end of AbstractContainerMenu#quickMoveStack by the modder.
  • `Slot#setChanged` is called whenever the slot's value has changed, so it will be used whenever that happens.
  • See above and the forge docs for taking items from the result slot. Most of it is already implemented by default. Dropping experience is typically done in the `onTake` or `onQuickCraft` methods.

Ok, now I understand, thank you so much!