Missing important packages in Eclipse

Tiny Desk Engineer

A week or two ago, I had successfully installed everything I need to make mods for 1.19.2 (I'd hope so, I've had enough trouble with this as it is), copied everything except for the files and folders the Forge docs said I could leave out, and ever since I've been having quite a bit of trouble with two errors which Eclipse had detected in the project, without me making any modifications to it. I haven't been able to find anything about these errors online

1. The import net cannot be resolved (In Start.java, Line 5)
  2. Main cannot be resolved (In Start.java, Line 17)

EDIT: The errors are gone, but the packages net.minecraft.block and net.minecraft.item are completely unavaliable. Other packages, like net.minecraft.advancements are avaliable, however.

Edited by Tiny Desk Engineer

Modding is a nightmare if you are just starting. The documentation is terrible. I am getting so confused on everything.

For starters, what version of Minecraft and MDK are you modding for? Are you working on Linux/Mac or Windows?

Did you run the commands from the README?

If you prefer to use Eclipse:
1. Run the following command: `gradlew genEclipseRuns` (`./gradlew genEclipseRuns` if you are on Mac/Linux)
2. Open Eclipse, Import > Existing Gradle Project > Select Folder
   or run `gradlew eclipse` to generate the project.

I am working with Minecraft 1.19.x and there is no "Start.java" file in the MDK. I am building entirely off the command line under Linux and it all works ok for me.

There aren't any errors anymore, but now I've found out that while most of the net.minecraft packages seem to be avaliable, I'm still missing a few very important packages needed for nearly any mod, two of them being net.minecraft.block and net.minecraft.item, both of which I need for the test mod I'm trying to create.