How update version of forge server

Gazma

Hello,

I've search but I don't find FAQ, Documentation or topics really speaking about this point.

So, I ask here to get help and know how to do.

Test already done :

- install new version forge server, copy "world" folder from existing and paste it in place of new one.

- copy all existing server, paste it in a new folder and launch "forge installer" for server on this new folder to update data.

In both case when I log in the server, there is texture and item issue. Any possibility to move too.

Someone could explain me step by stephow to update forge server from 1.19.2 to 1.19.3.

Thank you.

Download the installer, install the server, move the world folder over, redownload the associated mods for the correct version. If there are missing mods, it will of course have missing entries.

17 hours ago, Gazma said:

In both case when I log in the server, there is texture and item issue. Any possibility to move too.

There can't be a texture issue on the server as textures are only shown on the client.

2 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Download the installer, install the server, move the world folder over, redownload the associated mods for the correct version. If there are missing mods, it will of course have missing entries.

There can't be a texture issue on the server as textures are only shown on the client.

No server mod, only client mod.

sand became lava, water is full of seaweed, houses is a mix of woods with carrots on their top, inventory is change with diamond sword, puzzle bloc and other items doesn't match with actual inventory.

I suppose it's link with this example of line in command :

[17:52:36] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.re.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry minecraft:sound_event: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: minecraft:block.note_block.imitate.creeper Expected: 851 Got: 1388

that's provide the same as I install the server, I paste the old world and I relaunch the install server on it.

I've just try, copy full server in 1.19.2 and launch server installer to update it in 1.19.3. -> same result of run.bat launch and same result when log in server.

Edited by Gazma

• 6 months later...

I've been having the same issue. I've update my forge server before without having problems. I'm installing and then running the forge client, then moving the world folders over, but the world has the same problems as above. I'm trying to install 1.20.1 47.1.43, no mods were installed, just running a forge server client.

Edited by Guardiano
More info