ItemStack-tags-based textures ignored with BlockEntity renderers

Somnn

I made an item that changes its texture based on a custom tag on the itemStack, pretty much like the bow.

So I managed to make it work however when I drop the item or when it's rendered within a blockentity renderer class it shows the default texture.

Is there a way to display the right texture or are item renderers made like this ?

1 hour ago, Somnn said:

So I managed to make it work however when I drop the item or when it's rendered within a blockentity renderer class it shows the default texture.

If you're using item properties, there is not effect caused by the player, so the texture normally won't change. You typically need a custom model loader which provides its own itemoverrides if you want something to be effected based on the tag by default.

You made me realize something. When using ItemProperties#register, in the lambda function I returned the base value if the "living" parameter is equals to null, which means it will return the base value if it's not a living entity that is holding it. So removing this condition would fix the issue ?

EDIT: It worked, it was a simple condition I had to change but I would not have realized it without your post xD.

Edited by Somnn