[1.19.2] shader parsing related (bug? feature? what is it?) unexpected behaviour

cocicocyn

what happens when i load the uniform which contains more than 4 values: PostChain#parseUniformNode launches the "for" cycle which loops on an array from JSON (i assume it's "post" json) (without specifying the length of an array cause its iterable) and parses values. but these values get written into a array WITH A PREDEFINED LENGTH OF 4. so when i try to push my 4x4 matrix in the function just crashes and causes an exception. is this the intended behaviour? i don't really need this matrix but others might want to pass something big in and then troubleshoot for 3 days like i did. yeah.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, cocicocyn said:

what happens when i load the uniform which contains more than 4 values:

A uniform can only contain four values in two directions (meaning a 4x4 matrix at most).

On 1/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, cocicocyn said:

so when i try to push my 4x4 matrix in the function just crashes and causes an exception

I mean is the uniform you're pushing to a 4x4 matrix? Show the shader json and the uniform values you are trying to push.

3 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

A uniform can only contain four values in two directions (meaning a 4x4 matrix at most).

I mean is the uniform you're pushing to a 4x4 matrix? Show the shader json and the uniform values you are trying to push.

oh my bad i am sorry