Creating a sign

Bedrock_Miner

Hi!

I tried to create a new sign, but I got some problems:

As I tried to copy all resources from vanilla-sign i found an occurence of  return new Packet130UpdateSign(this.xCoord, this.yCoord, this.zCoord, astring); in TileEntitySign, but Packet130UpdateSign(...) and the classes who use/are used by this are all baseclasses.

For what function is this used? And how can I replace this without base class change?

Hope, you understand my problems

EDIT: You also can tell me, what I have to do for creating it on my own.

That packet is used to sync the data (text) of the sign between client and server. When you (on the client) just wrote the text you want to put on the sign and confirm it for example. When this packet is read by the receiving side it checks if the TileEntity located at the location the packet sent is a TileEntitySign. You could try to use this packet instead of trying to change it / implement your own, by making your TileEntity class a subclass of TileEntitySign.

If you have more data you want to send along with this predefined packet (and you want to use getDescriptionPacket() for something else) you could use the Packet132TileEntityData packet.

And if you don't understand what I'm saying: There are many tutorials about packet handling :)

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.