Forge 1.8.9 Lighting bug

Leejit

Hi there, lemme start off first by saying what my issue is and what I've done. 

My issue is that when playing on Forge 1.8.9 and looking at snow, which is a very bright texture, everything gets very bright. the texture loses any warmth and becomes almost blinding to look at. 
When I look away from the snow, the game dims and the snow becomes bearable to look at again, and the snow has a warmer color to it.

I tested vanilla of the latest game version to determine it wasn't a dynamic brightness setting of my monitor.

I removed everything from my .minecraft folder and reinstalled Forge 1.8.9 and the issue still occurred.

Not sure if this will happen to everyone, but if anyone knows a solution to my issue for Forge 1.8.9 without suggesting anything stupid, please let me know. thanks ! 

image.pngimage.png

1 hour ago, Hipposgrumm said:

1.8.9 is an ancient version that is no longer supported here. We only support 1.18.x and 1.19.x. You can ask on Hypixel forums where you may find support.

So... the Forge forums don't support an older version of their software, and instead it's expected to go to the Hypixel forums for something unrelated to Hypixel ? 
I didn't mention Hypixel in my post. I was in a Hypixel lobby where the screenshot was taken, but it happens anywhere and only on 1.8.9. Forge. 
I'm asking if anyone else has this issue and if they know of a solution. 
If you don't know the solution, then kindly shut up and stay off the post, you're offering nothing of any help to my dilemma. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Leejit said:

Forge forums don't support an older version of their software

I would help you if I was allowed to, but we only support recent versions, it says so at the top of the page.

I noticed that you seemed to be on Hypixel or some other similar server. Since Hypixel players mostly use 1.8.9, I was thinking you might find help over there. But on the Forge forum we are not allowed to help you if you are using a version that is not latest or LTS; it's in the rules.

I'm not good at modding, but at least I can read a crash report (well enough). That's something, right?