Forge 1.16.5 not generating files (including eula file) when running the .bat

I am following the steps to set up a modded 1.16.5 minecraft server because I want to run mod packs that only are available on this version and I am stuck at this part of the setup (https://youtu.be/bIjisWyxU-8?t=472) where running the .bat file is supposed to generate the folders files and eula text document needed to continue with the setup process, however for me the .bat file only generated the logs folder.

Here is what's generated by the cmd window: 

C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Desktop\SERVER FOLDER>java -Xmx12288M -Xms12288M -jar server.jar nogui
2023-03-08 15:08:58,359 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[15:08:58] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.39, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[15:08:58] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 17.0.6 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x13c10b87) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x13c10b87
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:49)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:46)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:43)

C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Desktop\SERVER FOLDER>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

you need to downgrade to Java 8 from Java 17
[15:08:58] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 17.0.6 by Oracle Corporation

Its using Java 17 after this it should be working! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Atralik said:

you need to downgrade to Java 8 from Java 17
[15:08:58] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 17.0.6 by Oracle Corporation

Its using Java 17 after this it should be working! 

thank you for replying to me so quickly you're amazing!

I tried downloading Java 8 JRE version 311 and it didn't work, did I download the wrong version? sorry this isn't exactly my area... When you say download Java 8 which link are we talking about? This is the link I used

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase8u211-later-archive-downloads.html

I tried uninstalling Java 17 and downloaded the most current version of Java 8 here https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp and maybe that's fixed that bug ? i may have downloaded the wrong java 8 idk what i'm donig to be honest... anyways now it's displaying another issue with the .bat that says 

C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Desktop\SERVER FOLDER>java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar server.jar nogui
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4096M
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I have 16 GB of RAM installed on this PC so i'm confused why specifying for 4GB isn't working. I originally had it at 12 then 8GB and the same message. I won't know if the java fix is working until i fix this one too i suppose :/

Edited by ClevsTheDevs13

I tried decreasing it down to 3GB just for kicks and giggles even though i know this won't be nearly enough RAM and this is the message that i get.

C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Desktop\SERVER FOLDER>java -Xmx3072M -Xms3072M -jar server.jar nogui
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Desktop\SERVER FOLDER>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

I have a feeling that no matter what I input for the max it won't matter :/