Event when Jukebox starts/stops

FunshineX

I've got to the point where I extended the existing jukebox in my own custom jukebox and that all works great.

i.e.:

public class BlockGreenJukebox extends BlockJukeBox { 
... /snip

But the problem is that the sound as well as the insertRecord event  is triggered by the record item. 

public boolean onItemUse(ItemStack par1ItemStack, EntityPlayer par2EntityPlayer, World par3World, int par4, int par5, int par6, int par7, float par8, float par9, float par10)
    {
        if (par3World.getBlockId(par4, par5, par6) == Block.jukebox.blockID && par3World.getBlockMetadata(par4, par5, par6) == 0)

I'd like to not have to write a custom record - just work with vanilla ones, but I'm not sure how to do that without overriding base classes.  The record item checks to verify the block at x,y,z is a jukebox, so it returns false if it finds my custom jukebox.

Any tips on how to make this work or should I just customize the records as well?

Thanks,

Ron