Loading mods from other folders within game directory

vpontin

Hello. Long time no see.

As the EAQ states, post-1.13 the feature to load mods from mods\<version> was removed in favor of installations feature of the launcher. Although this satisfies ~99.99% of the use cases, i had used that feature (alongside installations) to organize the mods in my modpack: on the game directory root i had, alongside mods, folders like mods_client and mods_server, to store mods that only work (or i simply only want to have) on one side. Then, depending of the side the modpack was sitting (dedicated server or client) i would symlink one of the folders to mods\<version>.

But, without this feature post 1.13, i really don't know how i could do to preserve this folder organization in the current versions of the game and forge. I read long ago in this forums about a possibility to load a list of mods from a plaintext-like file, but i think that would be impractical because in any mod update i would need to edit the list as well, and since i forgot lots of things its very probable that i will forget to edit such list, making the updated mod stopped being loaded (if this is actually the behavior of that or if still exists in modern versions of the game).

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Edited by LexManos