Question about tools

sir_Nickolai

what are you making the tools from? each tool needs a material. in a current mod im making there are two tool types:

static EnumToolMaterial EnumToolMaterialBlueStone= EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("LowPower", 2, 300, 7.0F, 3, 15);
    static EnumToolMaterial EnumToolMaterialBlueStoneGem= EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("HighPower", 3, 3000, 15.0F, 5, 25);

The first type is a weaker tool and the second is a improved version of the first which is made with a refined material and is stronger.

as long as you define each tool and they have different names in my case:

public static Item BlueStoneHoe;
public static Item BlueStoneGemHoe;

and you correctly define the tool material in the modname.java file:

BlueStoneHoe = new BlueStoneHoe(2506, EnumToolMaterialBlueStone).setUnlocalizedName("BlueStonehoe");
BlueStoneGemHoe = new BlueStoneGemHoe(2517, EnumToolMaterialBlueStoneGem).setUnlocalizedName("BlueStoneGemhoe");

you are pretty set.

I hope this helped some

I'm actually making a magic mod based around crystals,I'm planning to have about 7-8 new tool sets,and I'm thinking of adding a new tool/weapon type,The Hammer.

So I just list the next material under the first one? Same thing for the recipient lists,Language Registry,RegisterBlock,and Main Registrations? My first material is a crystal called Moldavite,second will be Moonstone

ok so you also want to create a new tool and add that to each tool set?

to define what its made of you would just use the enumtoolmaterial but to actually define the tool and how it can be used you have to create a hammer class. once you actually define the hammer you can then create diamonhammer.java and use extend hammer to define create the tool for each type of tool material. look at how minecraft creates there tools and base your base hammer off of it. this would save you from creating the same tool for every tool material and would give you one spot that the hammers core code is and then you could use the enumtoolmaterial to define the material used to make it and its strength and uses