[1.19.2] Making a sound while right clicking

Ribura

I wanted to make a mod to play a violin while right clicking and stop when not, with the code i have until now i can play it. But now i need to use another function so it stops when you don't right click anymore. The function that i encounter most useful was "onUsingTick", but as i understand know its deprecated and i don't find the replacement. 

At the same time, i think something to stop the sound in a function like "useOnRelease" or "finishUsingItem" would be more helpful, but that is equally complicated without sound events management as i understand. (sorry if my english is a little broken, i am from Argentina).

@Override
    public InteractionResultHolder<ItemStack> use(Level level, Player player, InteractionHand hand) {
        if(!level.isClientSide() && hand == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {
                level.playSound(null, player.getX(), player.getY(), player.getZ(),
                        ModSounds.VIOLIN.get(), SoundSource.PLAYERS, 1F, 1.F);
        }
        return super.use(level, player, hand);
    }

15 hours ago, Ribura said:

At the same time, i think something to stop the sound in a function like "useOnRelease" or "finishUsingItem" would be more helpful, but that is equally complicated without sound events management as i understand. (sorry if my english is a little broken, i am from Argentina).

You can look at `SpyglassItem` to see how it's implemented, but it's limited by the use duration. Additionally, you would probably need to manage this with packets. You make a sound manager on the client that works similar to how bee sounds work (see `BeeSoundInstance` for more details there).

• Thanks 1