Crash on startup (nullptr access on RenderThread) with empty mod

apteros

Hi, I'm getting started with MC modding and I'm following the docs in https://docs.minecraftforge.net/en/1.19.x/gettingstarted/#building-and-testing-your-mod (with contextual help from https://codakid.com/guide-to-minecraft-modding-with-java/) with forge 20.0. I still have to start trying things out, I'm just checking if the game launches correctly and I'm already having issues.

gradle runClient fails shortly after launch: the game seems to start loading, gets to authentication with mojang servers, then crashes on a nullptr on the render thread. I tried disabling the antivirus in case the issue was some login process being shut down to no avail. I'm using the latest eclipse version, the gradle build command executed without errors. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I can't find anything like this in the forum or anywhere.. I would expect that with nothing done besides the boilerplate configuration the game would launch flawlessly.

Java config and pastebins of debug log and hs_err below, I'll update if any other info is required.

java --version
java 17.0.4 2022-07-19 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.4+11-LTS-179)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.4+11-LTS-179, mixed mode, sharing)
  • debug log
  • hs_err (pastebin removed the hs_err file, I'm linking a gdrive doc instead)

Thank you in advance!

Edited by apteros