Hide hand/item in first person

coderdude

I'm creating a mod where the player can turn into a wolf.  While they are wolf I want to hide the armor (in 3rd person) and hand/item in first person.

I've figured out how to hide the armor/item rendering in 3rd person, however, I can't seem to figure out how to hide the hand/item in first person.

I've searched these forums as well as many other minecraft websites and can't seem to find a way to do it using forge.  I know I can hack the minecraft source, but I was hoping there was a hook or event like the 3rd person view rendering.

Thanks!

Hi again

I read your post a bit too fast.  Looks like you want to hide the hand as well.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way, but tracing the code through from EntityRenderer.renderHand gives me a couple of ideas you might try.  No guarantee either of them will work...

(1) turn off the GUI this.mc.gameSettings.hideGU and draw the overlays yourself

(2) Replace the RenderPlayer class with your own overridden version that does nothing in .renderFirstPersonArm.  Overrwrite RenderManager.entityRenderMap(EntityPlayer, RenderPlayer) to (EntityPlayer, MyRenderPlayer)

If you decide to give it a try, let me know if it works!!

-TGG