[SOLVED] Help with unique issue

dwinget2008

I have changed the vanilla sand block to a sand block of my own. Everything works fine, except.... The sand doesn't fall. It looks like it tries to when you place it, but it doesn't fall. I am not sure what else I need to do to fix this. I am mostly doing this for a learning experience so any help is nice.

Currently the sand drops diamonds, why not, but there is a recipe to take the diamonds and make my custom sand block that replaces the vanilla sand.

Here is the code for what I have: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/bqgY

If you can help out that would be great. thanks.

try adding this

/** Do blocks fall instantly to where they stop or do they fall over time */
    public static boolean fallInstantly = false;

Thanks for your efforts in finding a solution to this problem. I did find the issue through much searching. I found that I was missing a line of code in the preInit stage. I only had Block.blocklist[block.sand.blockID] = this.myblock but I found that I was missing Block.blocklist[block.sand.blockID] = null right before it. The game still thought that sand existed and therefore was trying o make a block fall that wasn't there at all.

After I found that it all worked out correctly. Thanks again for your help in trying to solve this issue.