Problems with IRecipe logic

EducationalPurposes

Hello community!

First of all I want to tell you why Im trying to make this mod: Im a very beginner, and got pretty much the basics done, kinda. So I needed a target to get better at modding, so I asked a friend what he really is missing in minecraft. He knows Im just a beginner, so he said: chocolate.

So I thought, why the h*** not? So I started with writing chocolatemilk, because I love it! Soon when I wanted to add the recipe for it, I got a bit of a problem. The recipe was a bucket of milk, and 8 cocao beans. I started up the dev-mc and crafted it, but I got an empty bucket from the bucket of milk and my own bucket of chocolatemilk. I thought I would have to write my own CraftingHandler of some sorts and while looking through vanilla code I decided I was going to use the IRecipe interface.

I want to say I change my initiate recipe, because I was writing a custom one anyway. The file: engineer.chocolate.crafting.RecipeChocoBucket is the one which really is important here. When I want to remove items from the ItemStack, it gives me lots of errors I honestly dont understand. But those method calls are the crashers of that file (dont worry, I commented it :P).

I hope you guys can hopefully figure the code out on your own, but if you want me to explain my target for the handler, dont be shy to ask! :P

Here is the external link to the mod because I couldnt find a way to do it with this editor: http://puu.sh/58QxO.zip

Thank you guys in advance,

- EducationalPurposes

I am fairly new to Java and modding, so my answers are not always 100% correct. Sorry for that!

Hi,

no need to implement your own crafting handler for a simple recipe.

Just use

//the output is always an ItemStack
//the strings represent rows in the crafting matrix
//the Block/Item/Stack after a single character defines what that character represents in the crafting matrix
GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Chocolate.chocolateBucket), "ccc", "cbc", "ccc", 'c', new ItemStack(Item.dyePowder, 1, 3), 'b', Item.bucket);

for a shaped recipe or

ItemStack cocoa = ItemStack(Item.dyePowder, 1, 3); //buffer this to save us some typing work
//the output is always an ItemStack
//up to 9 Blocks/Items/Stacks can be passed
GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ItemStack(Chocolate.chocolateBucket), Item.bucketMilk, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa, cocoa);

for a shapeless recipe.

Cheers