Is it possible to create new events/hooks?

DrEinsteinium

Hey everyone, I've been messing with the Forge events lately and I like them. A lot. Except that some events do not exist such as a piston update event, or player fishing event. Am I just missing something important about events or would I perhaps have to make a new type of event that listens for things such as this. I would really like to know!

Thanks in advance,

Doc.

Follow me on twitter! @keepablock

Read up on whats new! www.catacombs.co

width=700 height=60http://electronic-chronic.com/assets/keep-a-block/wikilink/wikilink_logo.png[/img]

Creating your own events is very much possible. Some mods use this in their API's to allow other mods to do something when something in the mod happens (like when a reactor from IndustrialCraft 2 ticks). However if you want to add events for happenings in Vanilla Minecraft, you'll probably have to edit base classes, and then you have no purpose to add an event there, as their most important property is that it prevents modders from editing base classes.

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

You could add events to base classes using ASM though, but by the question you are asking I guess ASM is out of the question :)

If you see the need for a new forge event and have a suggestion on how it could be implemented in code then feel free to discuss it on this forum or do a PR if you know your way around that kind of thing ;)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...