1.18.1 sorting custom items in vanilla creativeTabs

Jeuxt

Here is my code 

public static final RegistryObject<Item> Example = Items.register("example",() -> new Item(new Item.Properties().food(Example).tab(CreativeModeTab.TAB_FOOD)));

anyone know how to put it after apple in minecraft CreativeModeTab.TAB_FOOD?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that's possible easily without accessing the vanilla classes (using an AT and some Mixins).
If 1.18 is not a requirement (quick note: 1.18 is no longer supported), you can upgrade to 1.20.x and listen for the BuildCreativeModeTabContentsEvent.

In this event you can check when a Creative Tab is being "constructed" (either a Vanilla Tab or a Modded Tab) and decide if you want to do something with it (tipically add an Item to that tab).

In your case you could add your Item before the vanilla Apple using the putBefore / putAfter  methods.

For instance, here I'm adding an Apple before the Bone Meal in the Ingredients Tab

@SubscribeEvent
public static void onTabBuildContents(final BuildCreativeModeTabContentsEvent event) {
	final ResourceKey<CreativeModeTab> tab = event.getTabKey();
  	if(tab.equals(CreativeModeTabs.INGREDIENTS)) {
      event.getEntries().putBefore(Items.BONE_MEAL.getDefaultInstance(), Items.APPLE.getDefaultInstance(), CreativeModeTab.TabVisibility.PARENT_AND_SEARCH_TABS);
    }
}

And in game, if we open the Ingredients tab, we get this result

spacer.png

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

• 2 weeks later...