Need someone fluent on Forge 4.0.0

Sinistralis

Hey all. I have a quick proposition to toss at whomever is interested and wants to make some money on the side.

First, a bit about myself. My name is Mike, and I am a junior .Net developer by trade. I have several years of experience in Java as well, so it's know unknown to me. I am very familiar with most OOP concepts and have an immense thirst to learn. I'm overall a pretty friendly fellow and pretty easy to get along with. I'm a pretty honest guy (or so I like to think haha) and I just like to have a good time.

Anyway, as I mentioned I am a Net developer by trade, and as such currently am holding a job and juggling some real life stuff at the moment. I recently got big into minecraft and I wanted to develop my own mods to use on my server, to craft a unique experience for me, my girlfriend, friends and whomever else wanted to join.

I don't have as much free time as I would like to learn this on my own in a quick span of time so I was curious if anyone who was knowledgeable with 4.0.0, active, and has some time to spare would like to make some money by helping me out. Being on hand to answer questions, helping me get through concepts quicker, etc. I really want to get into this scene as quickly as possible, so if anyone is interested please contact me. I would like to find someone as soon as possible. We can discuss the amount as it will differ based on how knowledgeable the person I pick is.

Y'know, you don't have to pay people.

Just do your research, and then make a topic in this board. :D

And there are some IRC channels out there, #universalelectricity is not too crowded (yet :P) and usually has somebody who knows how to do stuff on hand.

If none of those interest you, I'd be interested.

PS: School starts for me on Wednesday, so I'm not available until about 4PM USC.

...Your avatar is slightly disturbing...

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

I know I don't HAVE to pay, but I mean some of you guys really put time into learning this and I kinda feel like it would be nice to give an opportunity for a little extra benefit for that. Might brighten someones day or something you know?

I have been doing some research, I've been trying to convert the custom block tutorial to 4.0.0, which has led me to learning how textures work (specifically how forge does it), getting started with proxies, etc. I've been using Iron Chests to reference. I personally do not like chatrooms or forums when I am trying to learn something as there is usually a delay, and a lot of other nonsense going on that I find distracting. There also is not very much documentation on 4.0.0 yet, so I'm not sure what to trust and what was changed.

I just am a person who prefers a 1 to 1 interaction when doing something like this. It makes me learn shit FAR quicker. So I figure I could kill two birds with one stone here. Plus might make an e-friend in the process haha.

EDIT: It's an Avatar I find quite accurate in reference to the usual internet discussion :P.

I know how you feel sometimes about learning and internet discussion. In fact, I'm surprised that I'm not dead like him. :P

Sure, I'd love the position.

Two things:

1. How would we communicate?

2. I don't want to be paid. I enjoy doing this. If I didn't, you wouldn't be reading this.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.