Help With Customizing A GUI

Edensday

So I'm building a forge modpack for myself and some friends on 1.19.2, and since the premise is mainly nostalgia-based I decided to add the newest MCA (Minecraft Comes Alive) port. And it's stellar, besides one GUI it adds with the "interact" option. It just feels very bare-bones and incredibly different from the rest of the NPC menus, and to me at least is a very unwelcome change from the original mod. So long story short, I'm looking for where to add my own custom textures in the files and can't seem to find it.

I find the GUI files but they're all json, so I'm guessing it's just the code for it and I don't want to mess that up. Otherwise the textures I can edit seem unrelated.

I'm a relative newbie to resource packs and textures-- I mainly worked on 1.12.2 mods for my own amusement so I think my knowledge is outdated. Any help/direction on what to do would be stellar.

A picture of the GUI I want to retexture:

spacer.png

Edited by Edensday