Mob and Block question[SOLVED]

darkness3608

Is there any way to change the quantity/products of how/what a mob/block drops, with pre-existing mobs and blocks.

I figured out a way with my own created blocks, I know I could just re-create every block in minecraft with my own, and then just generate those instead of the ones used in minecraft. but I just wanted to check.

I feel like there could just be a simple way with object oriented programming, or (my brain thinks I would have to do what I stated in my second comment)

Cool, that worked, when using the HarvestDropsEvent feature, now I have a new question, I am having an issue trying to make the drops either call twice.

I want some blocks to drop with the normal block that drops with it, plus a special block or chance. But what seems to be happening is that every item in the ItemStack gets the same drop chance.

For example,

I would want Stone to drop cobblestone with 100% and then a 10% chance for like normal stone to drop along with the cobblestone, (or however many different items with different chances I want).

I spent awhile on this code, even recreating the BlockEvent class (which may still be the route I need to go) but I still cannot get it to work.

Hi

I reckon you can probably do the extra drop in your harvest event

eg something like

public void myHarvestDropsEventHandler(HarvestDropsEvent event) {

if  (10% chance of special drop succeeded) then {
                float f = 0.7F;
            double d0 = (double)(par1World.rand.nextFloat() * f) + (double)(1.0F - f) * 0.5D;
            double d1 = (double)(par1World.rand.nextFloat() * f) + (double)(1.0F - f) * 0.5D;
            double d2 = (double)(par1World.rand.nextFloat() * f) + (double)(1.0F - f) * 0.5D;
            EntityItem entityitem = new EntityItem(par1World, (double)x + d0, (double)y + d1, (double)z + d2, mySpecialDropItemStack);
            entityitem.delayBeforeCanPickup = 10;
            par1World.spawnEntityInWorld(entityitem);
  }  
  // code copied from Block.dropBlockAsItem_do

}

Haven't ever tried it but I think it will probably work with a bit of tweaking. 

-TGG

Well I was just being dumb. I could have used the same code I had from my block class when creating the same idea.

If anyone wants code that does this:

if(block.blockID == Block.stone.blockID){
                                            event.drops.clear();
                                            event.drops.add(new ItemStack(Block.cobblestone, random.nextInt(2) + 1));

if(random.nextInt(10) == 0){
                                            	event.drops.add(new ItemStack(Block.stone,1));
                                            }
                                            event.dropChance = 1.0F;
                                	}

I woke up this morning just thinking... why didn't you just do that lol.