1.6.4 Custom Music Discs troubles

MasterDewie

ok so i feel really dumb asking about this stuff but i am at my wits end because i am not fluent with Java so its tough to make out what half of the stuff is.

ok so my issue is i am making a little modpack for me and my buddies and i wanted to add a custom Music disc with a song they made on it... i have made the song into a .ogg file and i made the texture and i declared the item everything works EXCEPT when the disk goes in it wont play the song...it wont give the little message that says its playing. i definitely need help before i run out of hair to pull out

Here is my Main Class:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8080448

now i am not sure if i am posting the code correctly but this thing is kind of tough to work with for me as it is almost 4 in the morning over here...

here is my "itemRecord" class

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8080452

this is all i have for the music discs... I'm sure i am missing something important about a soundLoader and SoundHandler or some stuff but i just cant understand how to put it in what it means and when it throws up an error how to fix it... man if i could just get this i feel like i would be able to do ANYTHING xD

any help is greatly appreciated!

I tried having it as an ItemRecord but the class is protected.

so i made a new class called BSItemRecord and making sure all proper imports were made

so instead of calling the minecraft record class i called my own and THEN called minecraft classes.

also... if it wasnt a record how does minecraft let it inside the jukebox?

now im super confused. i tried accessing ItemRecord but i got errors saying that its not visible... so when i went in and changed "protected" to "public" on the original ItemRecord all my issues went away... HOWEVER, that was with the original ItemRecord class i was trying to access so i didnt want to change that.

why is a moderator trying to make me feel stupid for asking people to help me with a problem i obviously dont understand? i would have thought a mod would be MORE helpful than regular members, not a complete jerk for no reason...

and for the record, i have a big textbook on java that i have been reading from since i went to school for computer networking so please dont insult me for not being fluent in java... in fact that was the disclaimer i made in the beginning of my post!

WILL ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT HELPING MEMBERS HELP ME INSTEAD OF THIS GUY?

thank you for the code you posted it helped me realize a mistake i made in my code

one of the first things i did in my original post was state that i am not fluent in java... we are kinda just repeating it...

this is the only place for me to go to find the help i need without having to stop EVERYTHING I AM DOING and read an entire book on Java, which is approximately 1300 pages long. im not saying that i know Java cause i dont... i have already called myself out on it in my original post

but again, thank you, you helped me a bit

this is actually not getting anywhere at all. i tried putting the code you gave me in but i dont know where to put it without it throwing me a bunch of errors i dont understand. and i have learned not to post any questions here because instead of helpful answers i will get rude criticism on my inability to program.

i appreciate what help i have recieved