[Solved] 1.7.2-10.12.0.968 Block.dirt compile error

bomber055

I followed the instructions from the sticky [TUTORIAL] (http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14048.0.html) and end up getting a compile error after the environment is setup with Eclipse. In their sample mod, it errors on line 18 at Block.dirt:

System.out.println("DIRT BLOCK >> "+Block.dirt.getUnlocalizedName());

If I comment out this line and try to run it again, it errors with:

[main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.main([Ljava.lang.String;)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]

Which tells me it can't find Minecraft's main() class. Minecraft's class files exist in the Referenced Libraries > forge-1.7.2-10-12.0.968.jar section in .class form (no source code). All the imports in the sample mod don't give any compile errors.

This is my first time using Gradle, but I am experienced with setting up the 1.6.4 forge environment.

As it is beta ,  the minecraft source files are not completely deobfuscated, so when you parse the forge library and chech the block.class you will see that most of the variables, class and methods are not deobfuscated.

So it's not surprising that the block.dirt gives out an error.

You can try to play with the non deobfuscated fields, good luck !

For my part i will have wait for a more finished version of the thing.

But thanks for the Forge team for the great work anyway !

Although that may cause problems later, I don't think thats the issue that I am experiencing. If I comment out the Block.dirt line it still errors when attempting to find the main() method for Minecraft. Also, I don't even see the source files in Eclipse - should I?

This is what  my environment looks like: http://i.imgur.com/8Th7WpK.jpg

http://www.wuppy29.com/minecraft/modding-tutorials/forge-1-7-early-release-setup/

This should work in general.

Take care not to confuse the parameters you set and tha you use the mentioned build.

In 968 for example there are no run configurations that are in 971 as I have been told.

Also, once you get it to start, world generation can fail. Restart a couple of times if you get an error with WeightedItems. Dirty workaround, but will get you running.

Found in another thread the solution to the main() error. You need to change

–version 1.6 –tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker –accessToken anything

to

--version 1.6 --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker --accessToken anything

in the run configurations