Custom fishing rods with custom loot-table(s)

So im making a mod for minecraft and i want to add custom fishing rods... aka fishing rods with different bait, depending on the bait you can have a higher chance of getting other fish.

I want to make basically custom fishing rods with at least one custom loot table for each (so that i can choose which fish have a higher chance of being caught in a simpler way with said loot table)

Problem is i dont know even where to start with doing this, like at all.
Im very beginner with modding minecraft, any help (links to any source which could help me with this is also very helpful) would be great.

1.20 forge(of course)

I'll assume you have some programming experience? If not you might want to start with some way of learning at least the basics of Java. However my first experience coding was actually in Minecraft modding so it's not necessary but it really does help. Any books or online resources can help, not up to date with anything myself to link useful things. Hell, ChatGPT might give you better ideas in this area than me.

Ok with that out of the way, you could either start here if you want to read

https://docs.minecraftforge.net/en/1.20.x/gettingstarted/

Or with Youtube tutorials potentially. I always recommend KaupenJoe's tutorials but there's a lot out there.

If you want to get down and dirty quickly, you could easily follow a tutorial listed above to get your own custom items.

Now loot modifiers are kinda their own beast. To do what you're asking, you'll need to make at least one custom GLM. The docs on that is here:

https://docs.minecraftforge.net/en/1.20.x/resources/server/glm/

Pretty sure they have links to Github examples as well, but that's what I used to make my own GLM and it works great!

Good luck! Hope this gives you a good starting point.