Jump to content

*SOLVED*[1.7.2] crash on rendering an item (and its driving me nuts)


mrgreaper

Recommended Posts

first the item is being regonised by minecraft as im getting "[19:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: Add : TwistedMod:bunnyD 4096 com.mrgreaper.twisted.items.ItemDeadBunny@d695de" as it loads, but the item does not appear in any of the creative tabs!

 

ok the error im getting happens when i try to do the recipie to make the item i have added (in this case a dead bunny)

heres the crash log : http://pastebin.com/ub7pF9vK

The crash and the fact the item isnt in the creative tabs suggests to me its not being created, but entry in the log states its there even has an id (though /give playername 4096 1 says no such item, as does attempting to give its unlocalized name in place of the id)

 

here is my items class file : https://github.com/mrgreaper/TwistedMod2/blob/master/java/com/mrgreaper/twisted/items/ItemDeadBunny.java

 

my main mods class file :

https://github.com/mrgreaper/TwistedMod2/blob/master/java/com/mrgreaper/twisted/TwistedMod.java

 

the items.class that has my init() for registering items

https://github.com/mrgreaper/TwistedMod2/blob/master/java/com/mrgreaper/twisted/items/Items.java

 

 

the icon is located in

src\main\resources\TwistedMod\textures\items

 

the lang file is located

src\main\resources\TwistedMod\lang

 

any other files you need to look at are all on the github

 

i spent 4 or 5 hours lastnight trying to work out why its not working (till i almost fell asleep at my keyboard) and a couple of hours already googling today to look at src code of other mods to see how they did it, not many for 1.7.2 yet. but everything i have done seems right and looks like it should work! my 1.6.2 mod im re-writting was much more complicated then this and worked fine, to be stuck on the first stage, on creating an item is frustrating to the highest degree

 

im well and truely stuck

 

 

**edit changed the modid to lower case and the resource folder to match (that wont show on github as it doesnot seem to care about case in folder names ....wierd)

 

also my latest forge log http://pastebin.com/WMQnhRAa

 

 

**edit added an assets folder into resources and placed the modid folder into that ..still crashing

latest log is : http://pastebin.com/kkZnTQZv

 

 

**edit solved**

i had no pre - init so my items were never getting initialised ...never code tired!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.