Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Throwable Entity that plants Sapling

SilasOtoko

This one I basically have working already. The Sapling is placed where it lands, but it would probably be better if I had it actually get planted and on the right block. Right now it gets placed on any block and on any side of the block. Not sure how to do a check for this within the Throwable Entity class.

Actually, what I really wanted this to do originally was to act as bonemeal wherever it landed, Throwable Bonemeal. But I know that one is a bit more complicated so I settled on a sapling planter.

Entity:

protected void onImpact(MovingObjectPosition par1MovingObjectPosition)

{

if (!this.worldObj.isRemote)

{

/* if (par1MovingObjectPosition.entityHit != null)

{

if (!par1MovingObjectPosition.entityHit.isImmuneToFire()) //&& par1MovingObjectPosition.entityHit.attackEntityFrom(DamageSource.causeFireballDamage(this, this.shootingEntity), 5.0F))

{

par1MovingObjectPosition.entityHit.setFire(5);

}*/

}

else

{

int i = par1MovingObjectPosition.blockX;

int j = par1MovingObjectPosition.blockY;

int k = par1MovingObjectPosition.blockZ;

switch (par1MovingObjectPosition.sideHit)

{

case 0:

--j;

break;

case 1:

++j;

break;

case 2:

--k;

break;

case 3:

++k;

break;

case 4:

--i;

break;

case 5:

++i;

}

if (this.worldObj.isAirBlock(i, j, k))

{

AxisAlignedBB axisalignedbb = this.boundingBox.expand(4.0D, 2.0D, 4.0D);

this.worldObj.setBlock(i, j, k, Block.sapling.blockID);

}

}

this.setDead();

}

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Got the rotation working. I had to look at LivingEntityRenderer#render and setupRotations a little more closely, and I realized that I needed to change the custom entity's yBodyRot and yBodyRotO.  private static boolean renderingCustomEntity = false; private static CustomEntity customEntity; private static void refreshCustomEntity(LocalPlayer localPlayer, LivingEntity livingEntity) { if (customEntity == null || customEntity.isRemoved()) { customEntity = ModEntities.CUSTOM_ENTITY.get().create(localPlayer.clientLevel); } if (!customEntity.level.dimension().equals(livingEntity.level.dimension())) { customEntity.discard(); } } @SubscribeEvent public static void replaceMobModel(RenderLivingEvent.Pre<LivingEntity, EntityModel<LivingEntity>> event) { LocalPlayer localPlayer = Minecraft.getInstance().player; if (localPlayer != null && event.getEntity() instanceof Mob mob) { if (/* put your own condition here */) { if (!renderingCustomEntity) { try { renderingCustomEntity = true; event.setCanceled(true); refreshCustomEntity(localPlayer, mob); // (truth be told, my custom entity does not have a "head", so these lines aren't needed) // customEntity.setYHeadRot(mob.getYHeadRot()); // customEntity.yHeadRotO = mob.yHeadRotO; customEntity.setYBodyRot(mob.yBodyRot); customEntity.yBodyRotO = mob.yBodyRotO; customEntity.setPose(mob.getPose()); Minecraft.getInstance().getEntityRenderDispatcher().getRenderer(customEntity).render( customEntity, customEntity.yBodyRot, event.getPartialTick(), event.getPoseStack(), event.getMultiBufferSource(), event.getPackedLight() ); } finally { renderingCustomEntity = false; } } } } }   As shown in my code, if the mob whose model is replaced moves to a different dimension, I unload the custom entity with Entity#discard and then reinitialize it on the next tick. I wonder if I also have to unload the custom entity when the mob it is "replacing" dies.
    • Thank you for the video, but I found the issue. I had to update the Gradle from 7.2 to 7.3 in gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties.
    • Some zip managers like to take control of the .jar file extension away from Java. Make sure you have Java installed and try running Jarfix once, then try the installer again.
    • Whenever i try and download forge specifically 1.18.2 it will download as a JAR file as a note page and theirs no way to install it i have watched a few videos but none show how to fix this problem
    • Hello, I dont really understand why the nbt tag in the code below is not attached to the item. @Override public InteractionResult interactLivingEntity(ItemStack pStack, Player pPlayer, LivingEntity pInteractionTarget, InteractionHand pUsedHand) { if (pPlayer.getLevel().isClientSide()) { if (pInteractionTarget instanceof Mob mob) { System.out.println("ITEMSTACK " + pStack); CompoundTag nbtTag = null; System.out.println("nbt tag " + nbtTag); if (!(pStack.hasTag())) { nbtTag = new CompoundTag(); CompoundTag nbtMobTag = new CompoundTag(); mob.save(nbtMobTag); nbtTag.put("mob", nbtMobTag); System.out.println("IN NBT NULL " + nbtTag); pStack.setTag(nbtTag); System.out.println("AFTER TAG SET " + pStack.hasTag()); pPlayer.sendMessage(new TextComponent("Shard used on " + mob.getDisplayName().getString()), pPlayer.getUUID()); } else { nbtTag = pStack.getTag(); System.out.println("item has tag"); System.out.println(nbtTag.contains("mob")); } } } return InteractionResult.PASS; } @Override public void appendHoverText(ItemStack pStack, @Nullable Level pLevel, List<Component> pTooltipComponents, TooltipFlag pIsAdvanced) { CompoundTag nbtTag = pStack.getTag(); if (nbtTag != null) { if (nbtTag.contains("mob")) { Mob targetMob = null; targetMob.deserializeNBT(nbtTag.getCompound("mob")); pTooltipComponents.add(new TextComponent("Mob : " + targetMob.getDisplayName().getString())); } } } Everytime I right click with the Item on a LivingEntity, It goes on the if(!pStack.hasTag()), but It shouldn't because we set the tag on the first right click on an Entity   Do you have a solution ?
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.