All forge Modpacks don't respond/ crash while loading worlds

Hello, I've posted about this a few days ago but after getting no response tried to live with my world being gone, created a new mod pack and started playing. But the same issue happened again. I first noted in-game that a few essential recipes were missing in JEI, saved&quit and rejoined the world. But that didn't work. After going through the logs I found the following:

[04:32:33] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\Bening\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\fmlcore\1.20.1-47.2.32\fmlcore-1.20.1-47.2.32.jar is missing mods.toml file
[04:32:33] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\Bening\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\javafmllanguage\1.20.1-47.2.32\javafmllanguage-1.20.1-47.2.32.jar is missing mods.toml file
[04:32:33] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\Bening\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\lowcodelanguage\1.20.1-47.2.32\lowcodelanguage-1.20.1-47.2.32.jar is missing mods.toml file
[04:32:33] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\Bening\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\mclanguage\1.20.1-47.2.32\mclanguage-1.20.1-47.2.32.jar is missing mods.toml file

mods.toml files are missing. I don't know what that means, but the 4 things listed sound pretty essential.

An example for another problem is this:

[04:32:37] [main/WARN]: Reference map 'createdeco-forge-refmap.json' for createdeco.mixins.json could not be read. If this is a development environment you can ignore this message

Many .json's are unreadable. Probably because the stuff listed above is missing.

Also many problems with "firemerald". I don't remember downloading this, but the logs list it repeatedly:

[04:32:40] [main/WARN]: Error loading class: com/firemerald/additionalplacements/common/ConfigCommon (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.firemerald.additionalplacements.common.ConfigCommon)

Something interesting:

[04:33:03] [Finalizer/WARN]: One or more BufferBuilders have been leaked, ModernFix will attempt to correct this.

All in all many missing assets. I didn't do anything while playing. I don't know how all this stuff seems to go missing and what to do against it. The log can be found here: https://pastebin.com/95FqNLDx and the crash-report here: https://pastebin.com/aMBKD0B2

It feels like my forge is broken and I need help.

Old post:
OpenJDK Platform binary does not react, world does not load (new test world cannot save, then exitcode -1)

Hello there,

since two hours my single player world had the problem of not loading when started. There is no loading percentage nor loading animation. As soon as I click on the screen it goes blank and does not react. When I try to close the window I get the prompt "OpenJDK Platform binary does not react" with the options to wait or close. Waiting does nothing after 10min so I close. When I create a new world with my modpack it does not have the same problem, works fine, game starts, etc. I played in my world for 40 hours, had no similar problems. It seems to be something new and specific to my world.

I did not find anything useful online and hope that you might be able to help me. The exit code is -805306369, the last log can be found at https://pastebin.com/EDEV26N9 and the crash-report at https://pastebin.com/0Txg28r1

I really hope you can help me, as I do not know what I did differently/wrong to suddenly have this problem.

Edited by Hephaistos

Posted (edited)

Tested around a little, as I've said above when I create a new world in the same instance it does not have the same problem as my survival world. Even if I copy and rename my world the problem persists. Could it be that my world  is corrupted or something? On a thread where someone had a similar issue it was recommended to delete a JEI file, would that work here, too?

Is there anything I can do to continue in this world?

Edit:
After a bit more looking I found that the game runs Java 17.0.8 but yesterday, right before the problem happened, the java control panel says it updated to the "newest" version. Is there any relation?

Edit 2:
Experimented in a new world, loaded fine, did stuff for 20min, tried to safe game, got exit code -1

The game crashed whilst unexpected error Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.minecraft.client.player.LocalPlayer.m_21023_(net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffect)" because "net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.m_91087_().f_91074_" is null

Crash report can be found here: https://pastebin.com/X5PrfvCq

I do not know what is happening and if its related. I'd very much appreciate help. Have a nice day.

Edited by Hephaistos

• Hephaistos changed the title to OpenJDK Platform binary does not react, world does not load (new test world cannot save, then exitcode -1)
Posted (edited)

After reading through the logs numerous times I've think I've narrowed down the main problems. 

For some reason numerous .json files seem to be missing. (Edit: Pardon, most can't be read)

Something about firemerald making problems (but I never installed firemerald).

And in the crash reports richiesprojectilelib making problems (also something I never manually installed).

I don't know how to solve these problems, hopefully someone more experienced can do something with this. 

Edited by Hephaistos

• Hephaistos changed the title to All forge Modpacks don't respond/ crash while loading worlds
3 hours ago, TileEntity said:

Delete the curios-server.toml file in your config folder

Hello, thank you very much for the reply. I couldn't find in the new or old modpack a curios-server.toml in the config folder.

The only thing with server is the comforts-server.toml and the only thing with curios the curios-client and -common.toml

30 minutes ago, TileEntity said:

Check the worldsave (serverconfig folder)

Thanks. Found and deleted it, but it doesn't change anything. When joining a new file is created, the screen freezes/ does not respond in typical manner and I have to close it then.

I deleted it in curseforge>minecraft>instances>Modpack>saves>World>serverconfig

Should I have deleted it anywhere else?

1 hour ago, TileEntity said:

Maybe there are some more broken files - check the new crash-report - the file name is mentioned in the first lines

If it is another crash, add it here

Here's the newest crash: https://pastebin.com/mumDeWzW Seems to have something to do with JEI

net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler$ConfigLoadingException: Failed loading config file jei-server.toml of type SERVER for modid jei

Also delete that server file?
Also the newest log: https://pastebin.com/ATH8dbWc

59 minutes ago, TileEntity said:

Yes - delete the jei-server.toml file

By God, it worked. I'm.. in tears. Over the internet it wont be easily conveyed, but I'm deeply grateful to you.

I got back into both world. As this happened with two modpacks it will probably happen again, but now I know what to do. You've made my week. Thanks ^^

• Like 2