Stop item "use" animation

Flenix

Hey guys,

Firstly, I apologize. I know I have seen a similar topic posted before, but nearly half an hour of searching and I can't find it for the life of me...

Anyway;

My food items use the onUpdate method to alter it's own NBT data. It does this in order to tick down a timer which will eventually make the food mouldy.

However, the in-hand item texture tends to "flicker" randomly - just like when you right-click a block with an item. I'm assuming this is from the NBT being updated every tick, but initially it was annoying me.

Now, I've noticed a bigger problem - due to this updating, the food doesn't display it's eaten animation properly. The animation starts, then it does it's flicker thing, and resets the animation. The problem here is this actually interferes with the ability to eat; you still eat as normal, but rapidly right-clicking will eat faster (when it shouldn't eat at all), and sometimes you'll eat one more after you stop holding right-click.

So, does anyone know of any possible solution for my issues? If it's of any use, here's my class. Apologies for all the if statements, if you have a better idea to tidy that I'm all ears too ;)

http://pastebin.com/BuNYfngf

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats

• 2 weeks later...