[1.7.2] Where'd the Minecraft source code go?!

JaredBGreat

The source code was clearly visible in the dev version, and I could easily jump to relevant parts with the "Open Declaration" option (or just browse it from the jar).  But now with the release version I can't find the source.  Sure, everything compiles just fine with the jar acting as a library.  But I can't see the actual source code anymore, and this is kind-of important -- seeing the unlocalized names for blocks/items, looking are method declaration, learning how Minecraft and Forge actually work.  That source code is pretty darn important!

So what has happened?  Has Forge changed so as not to show it?  Is this an error in the latest version?  An installation bug on my OS (Linux Mint)?  Are we all supposed to install MCP separately if we want to actually see the soruce code?  Why?  But most importantly -- what can I do about it? How can I get and read the actual source code to the game I'm modding?  Anyone know how I can get to the source?

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.

You should be able to find it when you expand the forge folder in eclipse, then the "forgeSrc-1.7.2-xx.xx.x.xxxx.jar" drop down should show you all the files in the source, for specific locations such as blocks, its under net - minecraft - block etc.

Hope this helps, it should all be there :)

You should be able to find it when you expand the forge folder in eclipse, then the "forgeSrc-1.7.2-xx.xx.x.xxxx.jar" drop down should show you all the files in the source, for specific locations such as blocks, its under net - minecraft - block etc.

Hope this helps, it should all be there :)

Well, that use to work, a couple weeks ago with the dev version.  Now when I look all I find are *.class files (no *.java files); when I click on them I just get a "Class File Editor" with a message, "Source Not Found," instead of source code.

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.