[Solved][1.7.2] setBurnProperties (how to set block on Fire with flint)

Conraad

Trying to set my wood block so that it catches fire but, there's no static method under block.java allowing me to set that atm.

I looked at the code in 1.6.4 BlockFire called the check using

private void setBurnRate(int par1, int par2, int par3)
    {
        Block.setBurnProperties(par1, par2, par3);
    }

in 1.7.2 it would appear that method has been changed or removed to this

@Deprecated // Use setFireInfo
    public void func_149842_a(int p_149842_1_, int p_149842_2_, int p_149842_3_)
    {
        this.setFireInfo((Block)Block.blockRegistry.getObjectById(p_149842_1_), p_149842_2_, p_149842_3_);
    }

But there's now way for me to really be able to use that.

The question is now how do I set my block so that it can be destroyed by fire

Edit*

Blocks.fire.setFireInfo(RegBlocks.BlockFlowers, 8, 30);

This works thanks for pointing that out.

Use Blocks.fire.setFireInfo(Block block, int fire_a, int fire_b). Block is the block you want to set to fire and fire_a/fire_b are the fire parameters (I think is how quickly it burns and how quickly it expands fire to other blocks, but I don't know it for sure, just play with them until you get the effect you want (or search were setFireInfo is called for vanilla wood and copy them)).

• 3 months later...

I'm doing something similar, but I'm imitating netherrack. I want my block to be flammable, but I don't want fire to spread or consume. Paradoxically, netherrack is missing from the list of examples in the vanilla BlockFire. It's perpetual fire must be declared somewhere else, but it's not in the netherrack subclass of Block.

Still hunting...

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.