Help with making a Delay Timers and ideas

Mecblader

Hello I am looking for simple, but efficient delay timers. I have tried to make some, but they often cause severe performance drops. I need it for a method that is called only once. i Have tried to make a timer with loop and using NBT data, but I can't seem to figure it out. Is there a way that I can select how fast is runs through the method.

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

I need it for the player because I want to tp the player and adjust the rotation when he/she types in a command, but right now it is calculation too quick to see the player move.

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

diesieben07 already covered the most important ways that timing is handled in Minecraft. If you want the player's view to rotate smoothly, you should probably implement a tick handler for RenderTicks (RenderTickEvent in 1.7). From there, you can simply adjust the player's rotation yaw by some increment each tick while your command or whatever is active.