[1.7.2] Render Events inside portal wobble effect

delpi

I've got my own custom portal setup fully working except for one visual.  I can't get the wobble effect while you are in the portal.

I've looked at other post on this but nothing was really complete.

It seems the way to do this is with a render event but there isn't a lot out there on it for something like this.

Has anyone pulled this off and could provide an example?

If not, could someone point me to the right event to utilize?  I've tried several and I know they are running my attempt at causing the wobble effect.

It is a version of what does the base minecraft effect for portals.

GL11.glRotatef(((float)this.rendererUpdateCount + par1) * (float)b0, 0.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

GL11.glScalef(1.0F / f3, 1.0F, 1.0F);

GL11.glRotatef(-((float)this.rendererUpdateCount + par1) * (float)b0, 0.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

Nothing changes though.  I'm not that great with openGL.  I've had some success but most of it is from inferring what is going on and reading tutorials.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

I found a way to pull this off.  Basically I created a custom "EntityRenderer" class.  At the first client tick of the game I replace the original with my custom.  In the custom I check to see if it is one of my custom portals and use difffent checks for the wobble effect. 

Works perfect, but seems overkill.  I would still really like to know how to do what I posted the question on.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help