[1.7.2] Player not spawning where I tell it to

acid1103

I want my player to spawn on sand with a Y-value > 78. I have a WorldProvider (that is getting used. I mean, its methods are being called..) that has overridden the spawn checking methods. Regardless, Minecraft insists on spawning the player at a location that does not meet the previously mentioned requirements.

@Override
public boolean canCoordinateBeSpawn(int x, int z)
{
return worldObj.getTopBlock(x, z) == Blocks.sand && worldObj.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(x, z) > 78;
}

@Override
public ChunkCoordinates getRandomizedSpawnPoint()//Notice how, even whenever it's getting the randomized spawn point, I still check to see that it meets the requirements. I do so right down...
{
ChunkCoordinates chunkcoordinates = new ChunkCoordinates(this.worldObj.getSpawnPoint());
boolean isAdventure = worldObj.getWorldInfo().getGameType() == GameType.ADVENTURE;
int spawnFuzz = terrainType.getSpawnFuzz();
int spawnFuzzHalf = spawnFuzz / 2;
if (!hasNoSky && !isAdventure)
{
	do
	{
		chunkcoordinates.posX += this.worldObj.rand.nextInt(spawnFuzz) - spawnFuzzHalf;
		chunkcoordinates.posZ += this.worldObj.rand.nextInt(spawnFuzz) - spawnFuzzHalf;
		chunkcoordinates.posY = this.worldObj.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(chunkcoordinates.posX,
				chunkcoordinates.posZ);
	} while (!canCoordinateBeSpawn(chunkcoordinates.posX, chunkcoordinates.posY));//here.. But MC still seems to be ignoring them.
}
return chunkcoordinates;
}

Also, I know Minecraft isn't literally ignoring my code, so please don't correct me on that. I promise that I'm not that stupid.

I haven't played with this other than setting the spawn position, but are you sure this is used on respawn or is it used the very first time to find the spawn point every in a world?

Try deleting your entire world folder and starting fresh with your code in place and see what happens.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help