Referencing an Item from another mod

delpi

I had a link to this at one point but can't find it now.

I want to have a mob in one mod drop an item from another mod in certain cercumstances.

Anyone able to point me at a code snipet or example where this was done.  I can find in minecraft how to load and item from a string, but i'm unsure of the context of that string.  Is it modid:name?

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

First you need to check if the mod is actually loaded, or else the Item will be null. Then, if the mod has an API, search for reference class for all the items. If it hasn't, us ethe Block.blockRegistry.getBlockFromName method to get the block. The format you need to put in as string is as follows: modid:name_block_registered_with.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I had a link to this at one point but can't find it now.

I want to have a mob in one mod drop an item from another mod in certain cercumstances.

Anyone able to point me at a code snipet or example where this was done.  I can find in minecraft how to load and item from a string, but i'm unsure of the context of that string.  Is it modid:name?

You can make your mod dependant on both mods: mobs one and items one. Then link those mods to your IDE and use Item from needed mod using linked object for other mod mob drops

They are both my mods.  I don't really want to make it dependent.  If its not there, it just won't drop the item.

You listed Blockregistry, assuming I can use Itemregistry similar, but it doesn't look like it has as nice of methods.

Something like this?  I know how to test for a mod and could do that before, but could I just test to see if it returned something?

Item drop = (Item) Item.itemRegistry.getObject("mymodmodi:hammer");

if (drop != null) {

}

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

They are both my mods.  I don't really want to make it dependent.  If its not there, it just won't drop the item.

You listed Blockregistry, assuming I can use Itemregistry similar, but it doesn't look like it has as nice of methods.

Something like this?  I know how to test for a mod and could do that before, but could I just test to see if it returned something?

if (drop != null) {

}

if you don't find a good method of doing your stuff, you can always use reflection to check if your mod is available and if it is, get items or mobs for further usage

if (drop != null) {

}

The following scala code adds a recipe for ender-lily seeds from ExtraUtilities.

You could do something similar to get a reference to the item then use it in an OnLivingDrops event.

def registerRecipes() = {
      println("registered seeds")
      OreDictionary.registerOre("seed", Items.wheat_seeds)
      if(Loader.isModLoaded("ExtraUtilities")) {
        val enderLily = GameRegistry.findBlock("ExtraUtilities", "plant/ender_lilly")
        if (enderLily != null) {
          GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ItemStack(enderLily), new ItemStack(Items.wheat_seeds), new ItemStack(Items.ender_pearl))
        }
      }
    }