[1.7.2] How to make milk bucket turn into bucket after smelting?

Alexcamostyle

I am making a mod that has cheese in it, and I want the player to obtain cheese by taking milk and smelting it. The smelting works, but it doesn't leave a bucket behind, like I need it to.

Here's the .addSmelting code:

GameRegistry.addSmelting(Items.milk_bucket, new ItemStack(Cheese), 0.1f);

If anyone could help that would be great.  :D

I don't think it works for the Items you smelt. It only works for fuel, crafting or brewing.

You need to use an ICraftingHandler and detect the ItemPickup from the smelting slot. Then modify the Furnace Inventory.

thats the difficult way.

You could also create a "bucket of cheese", that gives you a empty bucket and a piece of cheese when you rightclick with it...

Here could be your advertisement!

I don't think it works for the Items you smelt. It only works for fuel, crafting or brewing.

You need to use an ICraftingHandler and detect the ItemPickup from the smelting slot. Then modify the Furnace Inventory.

thats the difficult way.

You could also create a "bucket of cheese", that gives you a empty bucket and a piece of cheese when you rightclick with it...

Yeah, except, I'm really new to modding, I don't know how.  :-\

Cheese is not smelted milk! you could do this in other ways! That may would be easier

You have a good point. ;) But there's not many different ways I could make cheese with my limited modding knowledge, so it has to be either crafting (Does that leave a bucket behind?) or smelting.