Some things in the log that got my attention...

latias1290

Hi. I have made a small, unfinished playground mod and while testing it, I found some things in the log that caught my attention:

[22:25:44] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing
--
[22:25:42] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: The binary patch set is missing. Either you are in a development environment, or things are not going to work!
--
[22:25:44] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: The minecraft jar file:/home/dirk/.gradle/caches/minecraft/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.0.1180/forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180.jar!/net/minecraft/client/ClientBrandRetriever.class appears to be corrupt! There has been CRITICAL TAMPERING WITH MINECRAFT, it is highly unlikely minecraft will work! STOP NOW, get a clean copy and try again!
[22:25:44] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: FML has been ordered to ignore the invalid or missing minecraft certificate. This is very likely to cause a problem!
--
[22:26:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: FML has detected a mod that is using a package name based on 'net.minecraft.src' : net.minecraft.src.FMLRenderAccessLibrary. This is generally a severe programming error.  There should be no mod code in the minecraft namespace. MOVE YOUR MOD! If you're in eclipse, select your source code and 'refactor' it into a new package. Go on. DO IT NOW!

Highlight: That last one doesn't really make sense to me. I have not placed that class in there, it was already there when I setup the workspace.

Does this mean trouble?

These are normal and just due to the "hacking" nature of mod development -- you're not using a legit minecraft when you're in the development environment.  So the minecraft that runs in dev environment throws some errors because it is skipping the actual player login and such. When you actually publish your mod it will run against a legit minecraft jar.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/