Create a list of blocks based on rarity?

ImpactFlux

Anyone know of a good way to build a map/table of blocks in relation to their rarity/difficulty to obtain?

I'm looking to dynamically build a hash of blocks on init that iterates through the existing block set and can assign a default value of its rarity or some value to it.  Essentially I need a way to determine how rare a block is for my terraforming mod.  I'm allowing any block to be apart of the terraforming process,  but so it won't be too OP I just want to raise the consume time considerably to get it to that point. 

The easy/long way would be to just list every block out and build a massive config file by hand, but I would rather do it dynamically.

There is nothing listing block rarity as far as I know. 

I supposed you might get at the worldgen code and see what the odds of a block being placed are, but I can't think of a gracefull way to do that.

I think you are stuck doing this the hard way.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

There is nothing listing block rarity as far as I know. 

I supposed you might get at the worldgen code and see what the odds of a block being placed are, but I can't think of a gracefull way to do that.

I think you are stuck doing this the hard way.

ars magic has/had something like this (the rarer a item is the more mana it provides; but i didn't play ars magic in a while now, i heared that a lot of things changed)

maybe the developer is willing to share his list.

Here could be your advertisement!

Yeah I didn't know if there was a good way to define a basic list, and then look at the crafting recipes or if anyone had any better ideas. 

What I may do, is build a seperate config with an entire block list, and default everything to having a massive burn time and then go through and assign times to the ones that make sense and let it be a user configuration.