[1.7.2] [Unsolved] Different players to see different textures on same block

venhip

Hey there,

I have searched around but I couldn't find a description of the problem I'm trying to solve (Maybe I've been searching the wrong things) but ideally, I'd like players to be able to see different textures on the same block depending on what is equipped in their head armor slot.

Say 'Player A' is wearing a Diamond Helmet and 'Player B' is wearing a Golden Helmet, would it be possible to make Player B see a custom block with, say, a wood texture, but to have Player A still see the default texture, even if they're both looking at it at the same time?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, even if its just pointing me in the right direction.

-venhip

I thought both the Clock and the Compass used animations to achieve their function, with steps to certain frames to get the right direction/time?

Also, in the vanilla source, I don't understand how they specify the difference between what each player sees. I understand that it checks the current player's location and direction facing, but would it be able to update the texture of a block everyone can see, but only for the one person? I mean, the compass and clock are only visible to those holding them, right?

Thanks for the reply, though.

-venhip

I understand that, but both players would have two textures and each would be shown at different times. The texture being shown would have to change for one of them, not have the actual image changed like in a texture pack.

-venhip