Forge source installation fails

Jonniboy

Hello guys,

I need some help because I don't get the Forge source code installed. I need the source code to edit some base classes from Vanilla to renew the "Main Menu". Yesterday there are some Java errors that I haven't secured, now there are different Java errors with the urllib package.

The Java exception code is:

================ Forge ModLoader Setup Start ===================
MCP Detected already, not downloading
Setting up MCP
Patching commands.py
patching file commands.py
    Commands patch applied successfully
Copying FML conf
Creating Repackaged data
    Creating re-packaged srg
    Creating re-packaged exc
    Creating re-packaged MCP patches
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 76, in <module>
    decompile=options.decompile, gen_conf=False)
  File "install.py", line 17, in fml_main
    disable_assets=disable_assets)
  File "C:\Users\Jon\Downloads\forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-src\forge\fml\fml.py", lin
e 1027, in decompile_minecraft
    pre_decompile(mcp_dir, fml_dir, disable_assets=disable_assets)
e 1075, in pre_decompile
    download_minecraft(mcp_dir, fml_dir)
e 1139, in download_minecraft
    failed = download_libraries(mcp_dir, version_json['libraries'], mc_info['nat
ives_dir']) or failed
e 1195, in download_libraries
    headers = get_headers(url)
e 180, in get_headers
    response = urllib2.urlopen(HeadRequest(url))
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 126, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 406, in open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 519, in http_response
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 438, in error
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 625, in http_error_302
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 406, in open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 519, in http_response
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 444, in error
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 527, in http_error_default
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

As you can see at the stupidly formatted console log, I am using Windows (7 64bit) and have Java 6 and 7. Is there the problem that the download servers are offline?

Thanks for every answer.

Best regards,

Jonniboy

Where is the love? Can't see it...

Thanks for that.

I've downloaded the 1.6.4 #964 source code which uses ForgeGradle. It is pretty easy to use for eclipse.

But I don't understand for what I need it more than the old MCP.

I can't decompile or extract Minecraft, only the assets. The only thing I need are the Vanilla classes to know about all important constructors and methods and so on. And to override the base classes to modify clientside things, especially the standard GUI's. Sorry if it's wrong, but I'm new at modding and I want to make a basic mod which transforms the Vanilla classes. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Regards,

Jonniboy

Because I don't know how I can change the "GuiMainMenu" for example, some tutorials say that I have to program a new class which overrides/transforms the base class to replace the Main Menu which opens at Minecraft start. For that I need the old class, the Class Transformer searches only for already compiled classes (abc.class, ...).

I know that some tutorials say that I should open OpenGuiEvent or something similar and that I can cancel this event and open a "new menu", but how I can check if this is the Main Menu?

And if I can solve my problem with it, how I can modify existing blocks for example?

Regards,

Jonniboy

I don't want to modify existing content more than needed and I want to create some new content. But for new content and a better gaming experience (for example a server mod pack which is perfectly adjusted to the concept) I need to know how I can design it for a good design or new configuration options.

The example with the blocks was just an example to understand what is possible and what not.

So my question was only that I want to know if I can change the base classes of Minecraft with Forge directly (like the Class Transformer in older versions) or if I must use existing events to replace things. And I ask here because I want to know if it's possible. And when it's possible, I want to know how, to get more experience (to get it "in my scope").

I know about a ASM class transformer (--> to make coremods?) and when this is possible in 1.6.4, I need the possibility to read and modify the base classes, or is that wrong?

(Additionally, I realised by myself that I don't need the source code of Minecraft if I don't want to create a coremod because there are javadocs. But maybe, I want to do this in my situation.)

But the title of the topic is "Forge source installation fails", this question is answered perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you can answer the question in this topic, but if I should create a new topic with my real "new" question I can do this.

Best regards,

Jonniboy