[SOLVED] Tessellator's weird behavior

TheTrollguy_

Hey guys. So recently I've started playing with the Tessellator and it's going really good actually. I used it for my item renderer because I have some weird shapes. But then I tried to use it in my custom block renderer and it got bad.

So usually one will start with the tessellator by this: tessellator.startDrawingQuads(); and then you'll add vertices and then one will use tessellator.draw(); (with some translations and other lighting stuff which I'm capable of fixing). But there's one thing which bugs me the most. If I don't use the tessellator.startDrawingQuads(); it'll give me a crash report saying: "Not tessellating!" and if I use it it will say "Already tessellating!". Here's what I use for my code:

AsphaltRenderer_0.java (ISBRH) - renderWorldBlock method.

@Override
public boolean renderWorldBlock(IBlockAccess iBlockAccess, int X, int Y, int Z, Block block, int modelID, RenderBlocks renderer)
{
	Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.instance;
	int metadata = iBlockAccess.getBlockMetadata(X, Y, Z);
	int lightValue = block.getMixedBrightnessForBlock(iBlockAccess, X, Y, Z);
	double blockHeight = 0.75D;

tessellator.addTranslation(-0.5F, -0.5F, -0.5F);	
                tessellator.startDrawingQuads();	

// Imagine if this was just adding vertices for the block's bottom face
	RenderingHelper.renderBlockBottomFace(tessellator, X, Y, Z, X + 1.0D, Y+ blockHeight, Z + 1.0D, AsphaltSet_0.mainTextures[0], 0, false);		
	tessellator.Draw();
	tessellator.addTranslation(0.5F, 0.5F, 0.5F);

return true;
}

Can someone tell me why is this happening?

you don't have to startDrawingQuads or draw, Minecraft code already does this when calling your method to render the block.

It gives you already Tessellating when you put startDrawingQuads because Minecraft calls it before calling your method, and it says not tessellating after you remove it because Minecraft tries to call draw after calling your method, but you already have called it.

Exactly, it does it for EntityFXs too.

It doesn't call them for IItemRenderers because rendering custom items is totally made by forge, so it is not in vanilla Minecraft code, and apparently, forge doesn't call startDrawingQuads() and draw() when calling IItemRenderers's rendering methods.